Tuesday, October 2, 2018

And here we are! (I think)

Many, many years ago, back in 1973 actually, I began an endeavor that I called " . . . As I Was Saying . . ." It was an attempt to share with any readers my thoughts, observations, experiences, memories, reactions and whatever with anyone interested and willing to take the time to read and also to get to know me a bit better.

This work continued from St. Clement of Rome in Romeo to Precious Blood, Detroit and then on to St. Margaret of Scotland in St. Clair Shores and finally to St. Aidan in Livonia. In 2008 when I retired from full time ministry and entered "senior" status, " . . .  As I Was Saying . . . " was finally put to rest.

But now I am reaching one of life's milestones - turning eighty.

And I am finding this a cause for some reflection and prayerful introspection. I see a time for looking back and for looking around and even for looking ahead.

And so here I am again!

And I have chosen as the title for this new writing, reflecting endeavor " . . . And eighty if you are strong." That comes from Psalm 90 verse 10. It relates the sum of one's years declaring that one may see eighty if strong.

Guess that means that I am somehow "strong."

But what really does it mean to have been blessed with eighty years?

Well, bear with me.

I am going to try and use this space to reflect on that.

9 comments:

  1. I can hardly wait to read what's on your mind Father Ron. I think I speak for the whole family when I say how much we enjoy your wit and wisdom. - and so youur audience awaits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take cate,
    Bryan Zloty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to your prayerful words of wisdom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having been in the realm of the eighties for a while, I can attest that in some ways I am stronger than ever. Possibly because that which is irrelevant has been banished and only what matters survives. Best of luck to you as you enter this interesting phase of life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My only regret is meeting you around the nearing 70 mark. Your sermons and humanity since then had me yearn to know the younger that has passed. Looking forward..... thats good, lets go

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As new as you to this media, Ron Rabine Mr. unknown

      Delete
  6. I agree with those who have already comment...I look forward to hearing your thoughts & having you share your wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You were an inspiring homilist while pastor at St. Aidan's. I look forward to reading further inspirational insights from you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always enjoyed your homilies and will always remember the wonderful trips you planned and how we learned so much of the history of our faith.

    ReplyDelete

The Book of Bishops (The Bishop of . . . )

 It is time to produce the final segment of this Book and to introduce the final Bishop being remembered here. It is time to share some inte...