Saturday, January 18, 2020

Well, That Might Explain It

After my last posting, a comment actually arrived. Actually, two comments but I deleted the second since it told me that the first was intended just for me but it got the general audience. Someone had just learned that anything posted as a "Comment" would be available to all.
Then I received an email asking how to post a comment. Seems there was no place to do so and my reader was looking for and unable to find any "Comment" invitation.
These items prompted me to do this blog - a sort of instructional message for all who may need it.
And I do have to remind you that I am also still learning about this blog animal.
So, let's do some learning together.
First of all, there are an unknown number of you who have signed up for getting email notifications of any new postings.
I found something out.
When I got that email asking how to post a comment, I was fortunate enough afterward to get a copy of what this reader was receiving in the email "blog."
Seems this particular reader was one of those who had signed on for the email notification.
When I got a copy of the email notification, I actually got the blog message but without the actual blog. And I discovered that there was a big difference.
The blog message was a bare bones version. It did not contain a number of features that are part of the actual blog.
Getting the email version had no place to provide feedback or comments. It had no place to sign in for anything. It had no listing of followers, no table of contents that could provide access to earlier postings.
And it did not even have my photo!
And I kind of wonder, since periodically I may include a piece of music, a sound bite or a photo, does the email version provide access to any of these?
Likely not.
All you get via the email would be the words.
Oh, and a link where you can "unsubscribe."
Hey! Don't do that!
So if you want the full featured blog posting, you have to go to the actual blog site.
And that would be:
" . . . And Eighty If You Are Strong"
Going there provides the possibility of entering comments, engaging in a "conversation," asking a question.
But you have got to get there. And that means you either need to become a "follower"or bookmark this site as one of your favorites. The email does not get you to the full blown blog.
The big difference between bookmarking and following is that, if bookmarked, you do not get a notification of a new posting. You just have to keep checking in and guessing when I might post something new.
Followers automatically get notified when there is something new.
(I think!)
As I said earlier, I am still learning how this thing works.
So we can do some learning together.

And still more information just received - You cannot make a comment unless you sign up for Google Mail (Gmail?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Book of Bishops - The Maida Era (Retirement)

 Retirement! That time of life was drawing ever closer. Social Security checks were already a monthly regularity. The parish which I was ser...